Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A fabulous yard sale and an even more fabulous community

A wonderful group of women from the Bible study in which I participate have graciously offered to host a multi-family Yard Sale for us this coming weekend! A bunch of families are donating items and all the proceeds are going to help with 2 things: 1) adoption costs for us and 2) gifts for the orphanage from which we're adopting. One of the hardest things for me to imagine right now is only taking one child home, knowing most of the children there will remain orphans. I want to try to find ways to bless the orphanage for the remaining children-- and we'll use some of the money raised this weekend to figure out ways to do that.

I'm super excited about the yard sale and so thankful for the generous offer, mostly because I feel so loved by the community of folks surrounding us. We always need to depend on people, that's how we're made, but I think sometimes we resist it until we throw ourselves or are plunged into a situation where we just can't do it on our own. I'm thankful our family is surrounded by wonderful people who will love and support us through this next season, whatever joys and sorrows it may bring.

Here are the details:
Where: 1627 Monument Ave (Grace Covenant Presbyterian Church)
When: Saturday, May 2, 8 am- 12 pm
What: Multi Family yard sale featuring: furniture, books, children's clothes, adult sized clothes, toys, games, and much more! There's also a bake sale and I know at least one person is making homemade sauces (vodka cream sauce, etc.)

I hope you'll be able to stop by for some of it. Please invite your friends!!!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your yard sale goes well! Wish we could stop by, but the thousands of miles prevent it :)
    One step closer to getting your baby!

    ReplyDelete