Friday, December 4, 2009

Making room for a Son

Very soon we're going to Rwanda to pick up our son, William Isaiah ______ Thompson. (We're not allowed to post his Rwandan name until after we pass court). Hunter's first name is William and he wants his first born son to have it too. Isaiah has a lot of meaning for us and gives some vision for what we long for in his life (the same way as Lucy's name means "bringer of light"), and I'll go into more detail on that sometime in the future.

Anyway, as we make TONS of preparations for Isaiah to join our family: getting his room ready, gathering/borrowing/buying? clothes and shoes, reading lots about toddler transitions and adoption, etc. I'm reminded about the Son I really need to prepare my life for. The Son of God who loves you, me, Lucy, Isaiah, Hunter, and everybody else in the whole world. The only One who can really sustain me, who is worth living and dying for. Who made me. Who prepared my heart to love both Lucy and Isaiah. Who died so that I could have life to the fullest.

As much as I am eagerly anticipating and LONGING and aching for the arrival of our son, will you please pray with me that during this Advent season (while we're together preparing to celebrate the arrival of Jesus) I would long more for Jesus than I do for our kid, that my heart would be warmer towards Jesus than it is for anything else? Would you pray that we'd be preparing our house for the coming of Jesus...while also preparing for Isaiah?

No comments:

Post a Comment