Tuesday, December 1, 2009

pray for us?

Hey friends... I don't want to miss out on these last great days with just Lucy. Will you pray for me to be fully present with her (feel free to ask me about it and/or challenge me). I think having our son be close in age with Lucy will make it really fun for both of them...a constant playmate. But I have 3 sisters so I'm not so naive to think it will only be fun. I'm sure they'll be jealous of one another and since I know her well, I expect Lucy may have some trouble adjusting to sharing me all the time. Pray she'll love her brother deeply and somehow begin to care more about his (and others in general) interests than her own. Pray she'll remain confident and secure in our love for her, even if she's confused by the changes. Pray both our kids will have soft hearts towards God. Pray for our son to attach well to us, to feel safe and comfortable with us, to enjoy being with us. To know that he belongs. Pray that he'll not be too overwhelmed, and when he is, that we'll sense it and be protective of him. Pray that we'll be able to communicate well with one another. Pray that Hunter and I will depend on God in the overwhelming moments...and seek help from our community.

Thankful for you.

3 comments:

  1. i know exactly what you mean!! i want to spend every minute with my daughter but am so incredibly stressed and busy. it's very hard. praying with you! love jen

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying. thanks for sharing how to pray specifically!

    ReplyDelete