Wednesday, August 19, 2009

thinking about changing time zones

I'm not really sure if this blog tells you what time we write, so I'll let you know: it's 3 am. Why on earth am I up at 3 am, you ask? Well, duh, it is start of business if Kigali, Rwanda and everyday it is possible we'll hear something about our adoption approval. I told Hunter yesterday that I'm considering adjusting to Rwandan time. Seems like a reasonable idea, I know; I'm glad you see it like me.

In case you haven't heard the news, several families (including ours) received a very positive email this week telling us that the Government official in Rwanda contacted our agency and requested specific families' contact information because our approval should be coming soon and they want to contact us directly. No, of course I didn't sleep and I've checked my email no less than 50 times since then. Silly question, friend.

So, here I am, 3 am, praying that today will be the day. We love you little peanut across the world...so much it makes me ache, not sleep and act pretty irrational. You're worth every bit of it and so much more. I just can't wait to hold you and tell you how deeply you are loved. I'm so thankful God hears our prayers that you'd sense that even now.

*In case you're wondering, approval means that the Rwandan government will allow us to adopt. The next step would be the referral (when they choose our specific child (God of course already did that long ago)). So, once we get the approval, we think it will be another 4-8 weeks (with medical testing and a few other loose ends) before we know who the newest Thompson is. Then several more weeks for court approval and finally we travel to pick up our kid! So, home between Thanksgiving and Christmas seems like a reasonable time frame right now. But, what doesn't seem reasonable at 3 am?

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your encouraging words. We are praying with you that your email comes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our letter does not specify an orphanage- just the number of kids we are approved for:) I'm so excited for your approval letter to come!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're sleepless in Chicago, too! AHHHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. checked my email then too. haven't had a good night sleep since "the email"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adrianne!!! Crazy exciting!! So grateful you're hearing news of progress!

    ReplyDelete