Tuesday, September 15, 2009

it's not you it's me

I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while. Those of you who have been pregnant before know what it feels like the last several weeks of pregnancy when "it could happen at any minute." People are always calling, wondering...they're totally kind, supportive and well intentioned... but you know what I'm getting at. You consider avoiding pretty much any gatherings of people to dodge the looks and the question: "you still haven't had that baby?" Nope...as you can see...I still haven't had that baby. (What do you think was the first clue for them?)

And then for the pregnant mama, (especially with #1 I bet), you're Googling like crazy or talking to other moms about all the symptoms you're feeling: "left eye hurts" "labor"; "back pain, splotchy skin, labor". And so on. Every little change in the way your body feels makes you feel like "this is it!" And then nothing. Well, I'm obsessing the same way with this one. I'm checking my email a lot, looking for any "symptoms" that news could be coming soon (mostly checking others blogs to see if they got their approval).

Anyway, that's what the last couple of weeks have been like. When we heard from the Rwandan government that we should be hearing of our approval soon...and now it has been a month. I'm not super frustrated, just ready. And actually, I'm really thankful for everyone who asks, prays and mentions their love and concern for our child to us. It makes my day and increases my love for you... but sometimes I'm a little at a loss about what to say in return. Nope, we haven't heard anything yet (blinking tears away). I'm so grateful you care though. Keep calling, texting, commenting...please just forgive me if I'm not as quick to respond.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty! We're looking forward to rejoicing with you when the news finally arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya :) The weekends sure seem to come faster with all this waiting, though, huh?

    (sorry about the weird deleted comment... I'm working on two projects at once!)

    ReplyDelete