Monday, September 21, 2009

the nuns choosing our child

Probably this week or next week the nuns at Mother Teresa's orphanage in Kigali, Rwanda will be selecting our child...whom we believe God has known forever. After all, he knit him/her together in his mother's womb (while knitting him/her in my heart).

Please pray for the nuns who will select our child, that they'll "just know". This is the one. That the medical tests would be run successfully and quickly and that our paperwork will get on the Minister's desk ASAP.

A deep exhaustion has finally hit me. I'm so thankful and relieved we got our approval and I think the next few days will feel very different than before. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be longing and aching for our child, but I'm not as guarded or nervous about my joy or excitement with 'what if we get denied' thoughts.

Please pray for the really incredible role these nuns play in our child's life. I've been told that they work so hard and are so loving and gentle with our kids...that they prepare them to have families. They do all they can with what they have, to love and care for our kids. I'm forever grateful.

Thanks again for journeying with us. We feel so loved and supported. We can't wait for you to meet our next precious child.

1 comment: