Sunday, November 7, 2010

you had me at Open Letters

Dear wifey:
thanks so much for coming this weekend. you are the best E-harmony-like friend I've ever had. and since you are my blog dawg (I have no idea why I just made up that terrible term that doesn't sound like anything either of us would say) I dedicate this post to you.

You make me laugh harder than most people in the world, in writing and in person. and I could say the same thing about how much you make me think. Thanks for using your creativity, your brilliant, sassy and super-quick wit, and your depth of character and faith in your writing (and for forbearing with me and the uber-serious tone in mine). you are a gift.

short and sweet:
  • you blew me away with ideas and moments like this
  • you almost lost me because of ridiculously cute things like this or this (and, well, anything crafty)
  • I thought you stole my brain at points like this
  • I almost peed my pants in times like this
and yet, you are even more intriguing, funny, beautiful, creative, joyful and simply lovely in person. but, like my best friend here says (and it is such a gift for me to know and learn to believe): I don't love you because of any of those things. I just love you. so, if your posts ever start showing the (figurative) mid-forties sag, I'll love you anyway.

You had me at Open Letters,
Adrianne

2 comments:

  1. What? No comments?!?
    Just kidding.
    I mean, really, what can I say, except
    I love you more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my word. amazing. Susie (and Adrianne)--it's NO WONDER you two are a pair. Love it.

    ReplyDelete