Tuesday, January 19, 2010

praying for us

Hey friends:
here are ways you can pray for us over the next few days and weeks:

For Isaiah: (from Isaiah 41: 10):
Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I'll uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Please pray that while there is so much change and chaos that he may or may not understand...that God would be his rock. That he'd sense consistency and peace because he can tell God is with him. We're praying for a real physical sense of God's presence that would calm him.


For Lucy:
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." (Psalm 46: 1-3)

Pray that she'd learn that God is her refuge and strength. That even if (to her) it feels like things are unstable and hard, that He will feel very present with her.

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." (Philippians 2: 3).

It is a lot to pray that (above) for a little 2 year old, but we're praying that this will be her attitude towards Isaiah. That she'll somehow, by God's grace, know His love so much that she'll overflow with it for Isaiah. That she'll joyfully look to his interests.

Philippians 1: 9: "And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight" So, we're praying that God will help Lucy to have knowledge of his love and that her love will, therefore, abound for others...including Isaiah.

For us:

Psalm 112: 6-8:
"Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.
He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is secure, he will have no fear"


I have struggled lately thinking about really awful things... my worst nightmares happening while we're gone. It robs me of joy and it robs me of faith. We don't know that everything will be perfect (for us while we're there, for Lucy while we're gone, for our family when we return). Our hope isn't built on that. Just because it could happen, because we live in a broken world, doesn't mean I need to spend tons of time imagining the worst possible things. Please pray that I will have no fear of bad news and that I'll trust that God will give me the grace we need for each day. Each day has enough trouble of its own, so why create more drama?

I'm sure there's lots lots more...but those are some things you can be praying for. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment