Thursday, January 7, 2010

tomorrow

Oh Isaiah. Tomorrow is a day I have been looking forward to for a long time. It isn't the biggest of the big days (when we get to finally meet you in person). But tomorrow I get to share the news with the world. (I mean, officially, of course): that I'm the proudest and luckiest mama in the world. That I officially have TWO children. Lucy and Isaiah. Tomorrow you officially become ours and we officially become yours. And, what is very exciting for your friends who read this, I get to share your picture! Your handsome, precious, beautiful face will definitely be everyone's favorite part of reading what's going on with us.

Lately, you are about all Lucy can talk about. She keeps telling me all the things she's going to show you. Your bed. Your seat at the table. The grocery store. Your clothes and shoes. Today she told me she'll share her popcorn with you. But I don't believe her. (Don't worry...she doesn't really have a choice...and here, there's LOTS of popcorn if you want more).

She's so excited to be your big sister. We're so excited to have you in our family. Forever.

For a really, really, long time. What has felt like AGES (and I think I've earned some gray hairs as a result). We have longed for you. Ached for you. Cried for you. Waited and waited and waited. There were so many nights when I felt like I was literally going to burst I longed for you so much. And the time is finally here. I can't wait to tell you about how much we've sought you. What lengths we went to and would have gone to because we wanted you. YOU. I love you so much and I can't wait to tell you all about it.

6 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you a lot lately! I can't wait to see Isaiah's picture and hear the wonderful news!

    Allie
    dossier at the embassy!
    jabrannon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet.
    we should all write notes to our children like this. what a special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I can't WAIT to see his little face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure when I have read one of your posts and didn't shed a tear! STOP IT!! Just kidding! I LOVE IT! Your love for your son is beautiful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So so so so so so so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YEAH!!! i AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR GUYS!!! i CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICTURES!! I LOVE THE NAME TOO. WE LIKED THAT ONE FOR ELIJAH TOO. MAYBE SON #2 ;)
    LOVE JEN BILL E & E

    ReplyDelete