Thursday, September 23, 2010

photos, songs, blah blah blah

I made this little video on my birthday (a few days ago), which was the date last year when we received our approval (from Rwanda) to adopt Isaiah. ah the memories. seriously, not sure when I got hit with the sap bug...but it is out of control. Please notice that when the line "love and pride can occupy the same spaces" comes, there is a picture of Hunter and me. it should just be me. how true is that statement? God is teaching me and changing me, I hope. And I love the line "if we go looking for offense, we're gonna find it." pretty darn true, huh?

a year ago right now were the times when I was up most of the night starting at 3 am, knowing that MIGEPROF was open for business and might email me our referral. well, actually, I had already struggled with that for a few months, but the next 2 1/2 months were the most intensely painful and gut wrenching ones I've experienced in life so far. I'm so thankful for the ways God has shaped me through the wait and through having Isaiah in our family. but it wasn't and isn't easy.

Praying for the waiting families, especially Rwanda ones. love you all!

3 comments:

  1. thank you for your thoughts. it is hard, and we appreciate prayers from those who have traveled the path before us. If it wasn't for you, we wouldn't be where we are today!

    ~Erin
    eecarson.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the video. And thankful for prayers! We need them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure how I found your blog, but I LOVED reading this post.

    Seeing those pics of your kids makes me want our son or daughter home so much more - your little girl looks a lot like mine! And the age difference is probably similar to what we'll have too (and Isaiah is one of the names on our short list). =)

    And I really love your video. What is the name of the Sara Groves song? It's beautiful. And I never thought of New Soul in the context of adoption - how perfect!

    ReplyDelete