Wednesday, November 4, 2009

for the record

If/when Friday comes and goes without news, if/when next week comes and goes without any news, if December comes and goes without news...it will be okay.

"My hope is built on nothing less than Jesus blood and righteousness..."

and

"When peace, like a river, attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say
It is well, it is well, with my soul.

It is well...with my soul. It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul."

The surpassing greatness of knowing Christ and being found in him mysteriously makes painfully waiting okay. It makes my hope not dependent on circumstances. Grateful to you, Katie, Karen and Carly.

No comments:

Post a Comment