Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a quick update

Hey friends, since I know everyone will want to know about when we'll hear something...I figured I'd give you as much information as I have:
  • the Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion in Kigali processes all the documentation regarding adoption. They're really, really careful about the process (from start to finish)...which is critical to protect children. Although of course it is hard for all of us to wait, I really respect the manner in which they process the paperwork and I'm thankful for it.
  • Our referral (information about our chosen child) is now at the office awaiting approval, signature and scanning. Then we'll get to see who our child is and what their name is. Then we'll get medical information and anything else they have recorded about the child's life. I'm so eager for this moment!!!!
  • Once we approve our referral, our Power of Attorney will start working on getting us a court date. I'll write more about that POWERFUL moment when our child will become a Thompson. Ah! So excited.
  • Then we'll travel to Rwanda to pick up our kiddo. As many of you know, Hunter and I have been to Rwanda before and LOVE it. We can't wait to be back. And this time will be even sweeter.

I promise, we'll let you know pretty much as soon as we hear anything!!! We're so excited!!!

1 comment: