Friday, November 13, 2009

a request for prayer?

Hey friends...I was wondering if I could ask you all to pray a particular verse for our child as we wait for him/her? I might change it up every once in a while (maybe every few weeks?) You obviously can pray however you feel comfortable, but if you're interested in but unsure how it works to pray a verse for someone, you can do it by simply reading the words and thinking of our child understanding God's love that is promised in the verse, or picturing God literally soothing them with the words. Picture being next to our child or holding them and saying the words to them...the difference is we're just asking God to speak the words to him/her since they can't hear our voice. As I read the words I picture God literally holding our child shhhing him/her when they're frightened or sad the way I imagine I'll hold him/her when they feel that way..."he will quiet you with his love."

Zephaniah 3: 17:

"The LORD our God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
The LORD will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you."

I have felt your prayers this past week. I've been more acutely aware of my need of prayer and community these past few weeks and I'm so grateful for the ways you've walked alongside me.

5 comments:

  1. absolutely! we are checking every day for news of your little one! Love jen bill emilia & elijah

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll sing that song from s.t.s. and think of your little one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know a song that I learned at camp when I was little that uses the words of this verse. I will be singing and praying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. praying for you Adrianne!!!!! Absolutely joining you!

    ReplyDelete