Friday, November 27, 2009

It's a boy!!!!!!!!

So, late this morning I was in the kitchen with Hunter, my sisters, their husbands (and boyfriend) and my mom. I checked my computer to see if there was any news from the families who went to pick up their kids in Rwanda, when MUCH TO MY SHOCK, there was an email for me with our referral.

I screamed "HUNTER! HUNTER! We got it!!!" (Actually, at this point I had jumped up onto a chair. I've been wondering what my reaction would be). Of course Hunter ran over to the computer. Immediately we both started crying. I was shaking. About 30 seconds later we opened the email to meet our son for the first time. He's BEAUTIFUL. I mean, beautiful. Seriously. We cried for a while, called the rest of the family and a few friends. My heart rate hasn't gone done since then. I love him so much. A friend of ours in Rwanda went and met him this morning. He already knows we're coming (sort of). Keep praying for him to be ready for us.

His name means God given or given by God. ya think?!

He looks very serious in his picture, but we hear he's really chubby and smiley :). We don't know age yet but will keep you posted.

We're praying for a quick court date so we can get him before Christmas. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORAY!!!! We're beyond thrilled. We've been dreaming of this day for a while (literally and figuratively). I don't think I'll sleep tonight.

9 comments:

  1. can't even stand it. so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yipppeeee!!!!!!! we are so happy for you!love jen&bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it love it love it love it love it love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I can't stop smiling. I'm so so very happy for you. What a great surprise today. I'll be praying about your court date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!!! Wonderful news! You made me cry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOORAY!!!! what an answer to prayer! so very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is what I read this morning - God's timing is amazing :-) "Lord, you know the hopes of the helpless. Surely you will hear their cries and comfort them. You will bring justice to the orphans and the oppressed, so mere people can no longer terrify them." Psalm 9:17-18. He has heard the cry of Dieudonne - and I KNOW that in the Thompson house NO ONE will be able to terrify him ever again. Earthly love and justice has been brought to this little man, which is just a shadow of the eternal love and justice that will come to him one day when he is with his Father, about whom he will now hear every day from his mommy, his daddy, his big sis, and all his aunties and uncles. Praise the LORD.

    ReplyDelete